In many business solutions you need to generate documents such as invoices, legal forms, memos, letters for customers or various reports based on a template using data stored in some kind of data source.
SharePoint Reports and Documents Generator is an document automation solution for SharePoint Server 2013/2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2013/2010 users who wants to generate reports and documents using data stored in SharePoint lists.
SharePoint Reports and Documents Generator uses Microsoft Word 2013 / 2010 / 2007 based templates. By using customcontent controls it is possible to preserve data and rich Word 2013 / 2010 /2007 formatting capabilities at the same time.
Take a look at our demo video which demonstrates how SharePoint Reports and Documents Generator can be used in a simple Sales Order Management business solution based on SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Microsoft Word 2013 / 2010 /2007 templates using custom controls so you can preserve your data and rich Word 2013 / 2010 /2007 formatting capabilities.
- No need to learn new applications – users can generate reports using well known Microsoft Office Word 2013 / 2010 /2007 interface (32 and 64 bit platforms supported)
- At client side Microsoft Word 2013 / 2010 /2007 /2003* may be used. (* Microsoft Word 2003 with Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack may be used for reading generated documents. Templates may be created only using Microsoft Word 2013 / 2010 /2007)
- Use SharePoint document content types to store templates
- Documents assembly/generation in the context of current item and it’s lookup relations
- Generate child tables from lookup fields relations
- Return documents and reports to the browser or save them in document libraries
- Users properties lookup from User fields
- Use any of your custom action to call document or report generation